- If you are a Tropical Smoothie Café fan, we've got great news for you. The Triangle's third location is very close to opening. It will be located at 5311 S. Miami Blvd., in the same shopping center as Randy's Pizza. We don't have an exact date, but it could be any day now. Check our their other locations in Raleigh on Oberlin Road and Creedmoor Road. More details here.
- I noticed a "Now Open" sign outside Vesuvio's, a casual Italian restaurant in North Raleigh's Peachtree Market in the space formerly occupied by Bear Rock Café (and before that, Atlanta Bread Co.) Get all the details on their website here.
- I was also on Hillsborough Street in Raleigh this week and saw a "Coming Soon" sign for Oishii Restaurant and Sushi Bar in the former Hannah's location (and before that Charley's). I haven't been able to confirm if it is the same concept as Oishii in Chapel Hill's Timberlyne Shopping Center, but we'll see what I can find out. Stay tuned.
- Just when you thought Wake Forest couldn't get any sweeter...I learned this week thanks to John over at Triangle Explorer, that the Wake Forest Dairy Depot will be opening soon at 3433 Rogers Road (where Coffee Cargo used to be). Get all the details here.
- Here's a rumor we heard from a very reliable source that you'll want to keep an eye on. We "heard" this week that the spot on Raleigh's Glenwood South that housed The Diner, will soon become the third North Carolina location for Big Daddy's Burger Bar, a concept out of Charlotte. Again, this is not 100% confirmed and we'll keep an eye on it for you. Here's more information on Big Daddy's.
The popular Saturday Market hosted by Rebus Works in downtown Raleigh is back in full swing for another season. The market opens every Saturday from 9 am to 2 pm and is located at 301 Kinsey Street in Boylan Heights next to the Boylan bridge. This week's market features the following food trucks - Captain Poncho's Tacos and The Parlour. Stop by for breakfast, or lunch, or both! Get more details here.
Looking for something else fun to do this weekend? Look no further than North Raleigh's Lafayette Village as they host their Italian Fest. This little taste of Italy will include a day of food, fashion, music, bocce ball, pony rides and fun for the whole family. Lafayette Village is located at 8450 Honeycutt Road (at the intersection with Falls of the Neuse Road). Get more details on their Facebook page here.
We are less than 10 days away from the popular annual outing - Farm to Fork - which will be held on Sunday, May 20th from 4-7 pm. The event is a "must see" event that celebrates local food and local farms. For more details and a full listing of participating restaurants and farms, visit their website here.
- Durham's Watts Grocery is hosting a Venge wine dinner on May 23. The cost is $65 and includes snazzy wine and food. The event is very limited, so if you are interested, either call at 919-416-5040 or email them. Visit their website here.
- Triangle Food Tours announced their next "Dine with Chef" event coming up on May 29th at 6:30 pm with Chef Subash at Chapel Hill's Cholanad. The event is $35 and includes a 3 course dinner (wine is extra). Reservations are required and can be made here (please do so by May 22).
- Another fun event is Triangle Restaurant Week which is just under a month away now. Scheduled for June 4-10, 2012, the week showcases restaurants that offer special menus all week and special prices. A great opportunity to get out and try some new eats. Get all the details here.